Background

Writing Topics

Here are some topics for writing. You can practice by picking one topic and write at least one paragraph !

Grade 1

  • A special birthday
  • I’d like to see . . .
  • The biggest thing I ever saw
  • Noisy times and quiet times
  • I like to make . . .
  • What if toys could talk?
  • My shopping list
  • Don’t litter!
  • Big pets and small pets
  • Insects, insects everywhere
  • I’m happy when . . .
  • How plants grow
  • My adventure
  • Friendly places
  • My favorite foods
  • I know a lot about . . .
  • Picnic fun
  • Who’s at the zoo?
  • What will I share?
  • I rode on a . . .
  • The parade
  • I wonder why . . .
  • What’s under my bed?
  • What if I was 10 years old?
  • What makes me laugh?

Grade 2

  • Games I play with friends
  • How to make new friends
  • A joke that makes everybody laugh
  • Something funny that happened to me
  • What I know about dinosaurs
  • An important person I know about
  • Good things about my neighborhood
  • My favorite foods
  • After-school games
  • Sometimes I wish . . .
  • What I like about math
  • My new friend
  • A “knock, knock” joke
  • Words I think are funny
  • What I know about stars
  • What I know about the ocean
  • Something I don’t understand
  • Things that could be better in my neighborhood
  • Foods I don’t like
  • Games we play at recess
  • Some of my favorite books
www.thewritesource.com/writing_topics/

Categories: Share

Leave a Reply